RE: SMTP Connector

  • From: "Chris Wall" <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 11:50:47 -0500

I assume that Surfcontrol is running on an IIS SMTP server...
Regardless, on the Surfcontrol box (ex02.crossoil.com), have you
explicitly assigned the IP address(es) of your Exchange server(s) the
ability to relay mail off of ex02.crossoil.com?

Looks like the Surfcontrol server/appliance sees the forwards as
attempted relays.  It is blocking the messages from being delivered.

Also, back to your description - how have you configured this auto
forward?

I assume that you have created a mail enabled Contact for 'User A' with
their external e-mail address (verizon.com or whatever).

Then you should go to 'User A's' domain account in ADUC and then select
Exchange General, Delivery Options and select Forward To: (User A
Contact) and check the box 'Deliver messages to both forwarding address
and mailbox.'

This will allow your exchange servers to perform the forwarding so the
messages will originate from the server IP address, which is given relay
permissions on your SurfControl box.

Chris