SMTP 25

  • From: "Morriz" <mauri.fox@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 04:20:55 -0700

Most likely your exchange is not setup correctly, I refer you to my
earlier
reply, have you checked those points yet?
regards
Peter

***********

Maybe i should start from the beggining and try with your help to
configure exchange the right way?

I should start with my domain? may domain is a domain i have created from
www.no-ip.com  My Mx record is mail.domain.com. The name of the mailserver
is MAIL, Right this far?

I configured SMTP in the properties in the delivery tab -> advance button
and in FQDN i have it like this mail.domain.com, and in the configure
button i have my public ip adress setup. Is this right?

Then i have in the recipients policies configured the default policies
with my domain like this: @domain.com. And in the global settnings ->
internet message format i have configured the default like this:
domain.com

I dont have any connectors configured etc. Sow that should do it or is
this way wrong? And my router/firewall is configured to forward all
request in port 25 for the public ip to the private ip on port 25 to the
mailserver. Maybe i should try to connect the mailserver directly to the
internet without a router/firewall to se if this is the problem.

To bad i cant sen any screenshot to show you how it is configured.

Thanks peter

/Morriz