[ExchangeList] Re: SAN Boot

  • From: "Tom Kern" <tpkern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 14:52:13 -0400

EMC told me they support it but were trying to sway us away from it.

We have an unmanaged datacenter, so they felt replacing a failed server or HBA would add a layer of complexity for a level 1 tech to achieve.

Also, they mentioned something about wasting LUN's for swap files for the OS.

make any sense?

Thanks

On 4/11/06, Michael B. Smith <michael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Works fine for me with HP SANs (the little MSA's) and EMC SANs.