RE: Running one exchange 2003 server in a parant domain to service 2 child domains.

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:28:06 -0500

Run domainprep in all three domains (parent and two children).

Voila'. You're done.

This answers the question you asked - but doesn't answer the real
questions - why do you want to do it this way? Are the companies side by
side? How is Exchange going to be accessed? Where are the mailbox
servers? Where are the GCs? Are GCs going to be based on parent DCs or
child DCs? What needs to happen with cross-domain mailing lists? How
many mailboxes in each company?

All of these affect performance, network design, and Exchange design.