RE: Restore and archive project

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:20:30 -0500

A lot of solutions I've seen in the past use a database to search and index
the information collected.  It offers better, i.e. faster, more scalable
search capability.  Also reduces dups to look through when you can run
queries.  Takes some work to get the messages in the database and is not as
possible if fidelity has to be maintained in the message.  In that case, a
PF and sharepoint might be better option.

I can't think of a valid way to get around the restore/extract unless the
lawyers are willing to allow for possible missed information.  How granular
and dilligent do they need to be?

Al