[ExchangeList] Reporting MTA

  • From: Curtis Vaughan <cavaughan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:28:29 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Maybe I'm barking up the
wrong tree here, but this concerns an Exchange
Server 2003 on an SBS machine. Lately the users have had issues with mail
not getting to recipients. I'm under the suspicion that maybe the reason
for their mail getting rejected is because of the "Reporting-MTA" for
their server. For example, I see the following information in the headers
of the returned failed messages:

Reporting-MTA: dns;fenu.local

FENU.local is the name of their AD, but not the Domain Name for their
mail. Is it possible that the recipient domains are doing some
verifications and since fenu.local doesn't correspond to an actual domain,
let alone a possible one with a public IP, that the recipient domains are
outright rejecting these emails?

If so, where do I go about changing the Reporting-MTA on this server?

Thanks for any input.

Curtis

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: