Removing First Domain Controller

  • From: "Qusai A. AL Haddad" <qusai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 12:14:45 +0300

Dear All

I have 2 domain controller in my organization, and I want to remove the
first domain controller for this and add it later on,

What I did I transfer the 5 FSMO roles from the first to the seconded domain
controller and also I made the 2nd domain controller as GC, I remove it from
the first one. In the same I did for also DNS.

I try to dcpromo down the first domain controller I am getting this error

The Operation Failed because :

A domain controller could not be contacted for the domain abc.com that
contained an account for this computer.

Make the computer a member of a workgroup then rejoin the domain before
retrying the promotion.

" the specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted."

Any Help will be appreciated

Regards

Qusai