[ExchangeList] Re: Removing Exchange 2000

  • From: "Shorabh Upadhyay" <shorabh.upadhyay@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:02:18 -0500

Hi Juan,

i hope the following link will help you out to resolve your query.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931&Product=exch2003

And apart of that link, you can also check the same by following steps :-

Start Exchange System Manager, expand Recipients, and then click the Offline Address Lists container.

In the right pane, right-click Default Offline Address List, and then click Properties.

In the Default Offline Address List Properties dialog box, the server that is going to be removed from the administrative group will be in the Offline address list server list.

Which Server name is listed here that's your first Exchange Server ( By Default if you have not changed it later) because the first server hosts the Offline Address Book folder,

Let me know if its works for you.

On 11/12/07, Ibarra, Juan <Juan_Ibarra@xxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------All I have a lab setup with three Ex 2000 servers and One 2003.  I am
having a lot of HW problems with server "mail1" so I have moved all of
the mailboxes to mail2.

I know want to decommission mail1 but since I didn't set up, I am not
sure if it is the first exchange server in the org or not.

I found this article on MSFT: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235396/
but it appears that it is only for Ex 5.5.

Does anyone know of a way to find out if a server is the first server in
an org or not?

Thanks,
Juan

Thanks and Regards,

Shorabh S. Upadhyay
MicroSoft- Servers Administrator
(Ship Is Always Safe at SeaShore But it is not made for this....)