[ExchangeList] Removal of Public Folder Store

  • From: Jeffrey Moscone <jeff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 08:05:07 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------Greetings,
I have mail stuck in the Local Delivery Queue on one of my Front End
Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 servers. The system was rolled out with a
Private Information Store to handle SMTP conversions and a Public
Information Store (for no reason). I've read the process to remove the PF
from the FE so that mail destined for PF's will flow to the back end, but it
has not worked.

My progress...

*When attempting to delete the store I get a notification that the store is
part of a replica (wasn't set up as such)
*Move All Replicas (This process seems to work, but there are still PF
instances)
*Deleting the database files and recreating has no effect
*Trying to delete the System Public Folders (for the front end only) from
ESM does not work because some cannot be deleted

Is there a method of removing the Public Folder Store entry within the guts
of Active Directory from a Front End Exchange Server? Or does someone have
another method for accomplishing this task?

Thanks

Jeff

MSExchange Articles and Tutorials: