Remov First Exchange 2003 from site

  • From: "Chris Maciejewski" <cmaciejewski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:08:44 +1100

Hi all,

I am following MS KB Article 822931 - How to remove the First Exchange
2003 Server Computer from the Site.

Reason for this is that I have a new server, set up and ready to become
our new exchange server, and want to transfer everything across from the
old one.

Problem is, I can not get any public or system folders to replicate from
old to new, but it works form new to old (that's obviously pointless).
I have followed the article on MSExchange.org "Administering Public
Folders with Exchange 2003 and PFMIGRATE, and also MS KB Article 842273
How to troubleshoot public folder replication problems in Exchange
2000 Server and Exchange 2003 Server", with no joy at all.

I am wondering if I can get away with not replicating this stuff across,
and just rehome the RUS and connectors, and designate the new one to be
the Routing Group master. We only really use the calendar and mail
functionality. 90% of my clients use OWA.

We are running Windows 2003 Standard, Exchange 2003 Standard.

What implications are there for doing this?

Thanks,
Chris