RE: Relaying question

  • From: "Cresswell, Charles" <charlesc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 15:16:29 +0100

Our exchange server is allowed to relay as we also have custom apps that
use it to send emails (incl our website).

However we forward all outgoing mail to a smarthost at our ISP and our
MX record is pointing at another ISP who forwards all the mail they
receive on our behalf to us. This allows us to only open port 25 for
that single incoming IP address so...no external relaying problems, and
not even a sniff of an open port to anyone but that trusted IP.

Charles Cresswell, IS Manager
020 7213 0728

The Association of Corporate Treasurers
Ocean House
10/12 Little Trinity Lane
London EC4V 2DJ

tel: +44.(0)20 7213 9728
fax: +44.(0)20 7248 2591
www: http://www.treasurers.org

Notice of Confidentiality
This e-mail (and any attachments) is intended for the named addressee(s) only.
It contains information that may be confidential. Unless you are the named
addressee (or authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not read,
copy, use, or disclose it to anyone else. Unauthorised use, copying or
disclosure is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this transmission in error, please notify the sender by telephone immediately
020 7213 0705 and delete the message from your e-mail system.

The Association of Corporate Treasurers may monitor outgoing and incoming
e-mails and other telecommunications on its e-mail and telecommunications
systems. By replying to this e-mail you give your consent to such monitoring.

The Association of Corporate Treasurers is a company limited by guarantee. It
is registered in England at the above address, registration number 1445322.
#ACT#