Re: Relaying Problems - Exchange 2003

  • From: "Deni Jakovljevic" <Deni.Jakovljevic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 13:35:43 +1100

It sounds as though the emails are being delivered via SMTP to your
exchange server correctly since your users are receiving email, however
when your exchange server attempt to relay the same email message out to
the Internet everything goes wrong.

Just to be sure what happens when a user sends an email to an external
email address through Outlook (mapi). Do you get the same error bounce?

If this does work its worth checking 'from' your SMTP relaying server
(this may or may not be your existing exchange server) whether you can
relay email out to an Internet email address.