RE: Relaying Problem question - still fighting it!

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:14:50 -0700

You should be able to fine where those messages are coming from. What user
are they using to authenticate?

If you need to, you can send me your logs (zipped) off list and I will help
you review them.

Also, is there any other software, such as AV gateways, that could be
allowing relaying? It has been proven that some AV gateways and
misconfigured ones will allow open relaying.

Have you tested to see if the server is a relay without authenticating?

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA

Engineer/Consultant

eServices For You

www.eservicesforyou.com