RE: Recommendations for small office

  • From: "adrian bolzan" <abolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 15:03:15 +1000

 Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Our bandwidth is nominally 256kb/s SDSL.  This is not really fast enough
for a Citrix deployment, although there are some devices that are
reported to reduce the bandwidth consumption per connection.  The
problem with Citrix is that I have not used it enough to recommend it,
and have never used the compression hardware I mentioned. Neither of
which means that Citrix would not be appropriate...

Centralising email at the head office, with Cached Exchange Mode
activated, may be ok but local access and backup of data is probably
required.

Two questions spring to mind if the remote offices have their own
exchange servers: how many disks at a minimum for exchange; and how
should the OS/logs be distributed?

Does anyone know if MS have a solution similar to Novell's Nterprise
Branch Office?

Cheers,
Adrian