RE: Reasonable user mailbox size

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 11:46:23 -0400

How much mail does each user have now on average?  What type of business are
you in?  Do you send plenty of large binary files around as part of that
business?  Lots of attachments?  High quantity of smal messages (internal
and external) or small quantity of large messages?

Once you've answered those questions, you should get a feel for sizing the
mailboxes and can then set them appropriately. I'd suggest that if you
haven't had a limit setting before, that you set the limit high and walk the
users down to a target size to prevent interrupting business.

Al

  _____