[ExchangeList] Re: RUS & GC's

  • From: "Teo De Las Heras" <teoheras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:10:03 -0500

No.  An additional RUS is only required if you have extensive replication latency between your sites.  This allows Exchange to update the users in the remote site immediately, instead of waiting for changes to replicate to the GC where exchange is installed and then back to the remote site.  If your replication latency is low (15 minutes) then I wouldn't create a second RUS.

Another time you might look at creating a second RUS is during a migration.  If thre are 5,000 accounts that are being added at a remote site, then a temporary additional RUS wouldn't hurt.

Teo

On 3/23/06, Harding, Devon <dharding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have several GC's in local and remote locations.  Is it recommended to have a RUS for each GC?

Devon Harding

Windows Systems Engineer

Southern Wine & Spirits - BSG

954-602-2469

This message and any attachments are solely for the intended
recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use
or distribution of the information included in the message and any
attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and
permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank You.