RE: RPCPING Utility and Exception 1722

  • From: "Lara, Greg" <GLara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:32:03 -0400

Mustafa,
I noticed a couple of things. You don't need MX records in your internal DNS
database. You do need to publish MX records for external DNS however, if you
want this domain to receive mail from the outside. Also, your first rpcping
example shows exchbe.intra.exchtest.net, yet you don't have
exchfe.intra.exchtest.net listed for your internal DNS, so double check that
if it wasn't typo on your part.

I suggest reading the following Microsoft KB article, if you haven't
already. It has a section that discusses this error response.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;831051

Greg Lara

prohibited.