Re: RES: Re: Front-End Problems

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 14:56:38 -0400

Not for OWA only you don't need the information store.  In fact, it's
recommended that you remove it for security reasons AFTER you have finished
the final config.  You'll need it for the DS2MB process to succeed.  But for
DMZ applications (I don't recommend that configuration though) the ability
to remove the store was a big deal.

You only need the store mounted for specific scenarios such as the
processing of SMTP messages.

Check out the FEBEtopology document which describes this in more detail.

Al