RE: RES: RE: RES: RE: RES: Could not connect to smtp host : 10053

  • From: "Mark Meelhuysen" <M.Meelhuysen@xxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:46:05 +0200

My server is located in a network that is separated from the internet by a
linux firewall. It has ip 192.168.0.1.
In the forum i have the option to enable the possibility to use the smtpserver.
All i have to enter is the ipadres and the user with the credentials..
Strange is it then he, that my exchange functions, but i am not able to connect
to it by telnet. Can it be that it has to do something with relaying
permissions and acces control?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Mark Meelhuysen
ACA Remote Systeembeheer
De: Mark Meelhuysen [mailto:M.Meelhuysen@xxxxxx] Enviada em: quarta-feira, 25
de maio de 2005 11:25
Para: [ExchangeList]
Assunto: [exchangelist] RE: RES: RE: RES: Could not connect to smtp host : 10053

http://www.MSExchange.org/

When I try to connect with Telnet i get this error:

Connecting To 192.168.0.1...Could not open connection to the host, on port 25:
Connect failed

But for so far I remember wasnt able to connect this way before too...

Met vriendelijke groet,

Mark Meelhuysen
ACA Remote Systeembeheer
De: Mark Meelhuysen [mailto:M.Meelhuysen@xxxxxx] Enviada em: quarta-feira, 25
de maio de 2005 04:26
Para: [ExchangeList]
Assunto: [exchangelist] RE: RES: Could not connect to smtp host : 10053

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Isnt it a bit strange then that my Exchange does function well? There must be
an other solution then just reinstalling everything... And then for just this
little problem..

Whoops, I thought this was ISA list ;) but the issue is basically the same.
Reinstall the Exchange box...

World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading Network
Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com