RE: RES: RE: Multiple SMTP relay servers - Pos sible Solution?

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:46:32 -0400

One last stupid question --

In IIS, since the server is set to use an external DNS server, should I just
type in the FQDN of the internal DNS server or its IP in []'s where it asks
for the Smart Host information?   I assume that I can not simply select the
'Use DNS' radio button.

Sorry to be so stupid on this, but I am confused on how to get the IIS to
point back into the internal DNS since it is setup to reference the External
DNS server in the TCP/IP settings of the NIC.

Enough hand holding...  Time to experiment in the lab I guess.  Thanks for
all of the info and suggestions.  I will be open to any other suggestions
I'll need to write up the configuration some day at www.msexchange.org
<http://www.msexchange.org> .

Thanks!
Tom