Re: RES: Importing public folder pst into Exchange

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 15:26:37 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> Has anyone successfully imported a PST backup (export) done through
> Outlook 2003 of Exchange 2003 public folders, back into Exchange?

As it happens I did that just yesterday :-)  (Exch2k3, Outlook 2003).

I assume you have a profile for an account on the source server, and
another profile for an account on the destination server.

In Outlook, logged in under your source server profile, click on "Folders
List" then "Public Foders" and then the folder you want to export.  Then
click on "File" on the top menu bar, then "Import/Export" and the rest
should be obvious.  Export to a PST file.  Then log in under the
destination profile and reverse the procedure, i.e. Export from the saved
PST file.

best regards
Mike Salim