RE: RES: Exmerge question

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 11:52:20 -0500

I know that to import the PST files, it uses the 'Alias' name.  Verify that
your new AD Accounts Alias names match the Alias Names as they appeared on
the old network.

OR

Rename the PST files to match the Alias names in your current AD Structure.
This will most likely be the way that you need to go since both
organizations may have had identical alias names.  By renaming the PST files
to match the New AD accounts, you will have unique alias names without
editing your AD Accounts....

Your event viewer should show some type of indication that the Cname or
Alias name could not be found during your Exmerge import.

Regards,

Chris Wall
Sr. Exchange Administrator
MCSE, MCSA