[ExchangeList] Re: Question on Error #550 5.7.1 Sender ID not permitted

  • From: "James Chong" <jchong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 16:40:41 -0500

What is your outbound SMTP server? Is it Exchange or are you using some
SMTP proxy or appliance? You need to make sure your HELO is stating your
fqdn of your mail server. If your Exchange is directly sending to the
Internet; you can find this setting in your smtp virtual server;
properties, delivery tab, advanced, fully qualified domain name. If
you're using a gateway SMTP proxy server then you will need to find the
setting there.

James Chong
Sr. Systems Engineer
Simplexity, LLC.