RE: Question concerning Exchange 2003 and the Global Catalog

  • From: "Bill Witten" <billw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:18:51 -0700

Unfortunately, as indicated in my previous email, if Exchange 2003 is
running on a DC/GC, it will use the AD services available on itself
exclusively.  If the AD services go down on itself it will not fail over
to another DC/GC.

Exchange should not be installed on a DC.  Exchange should not be
installed on a DC/GC.  If you must install Exchange on these, it will
not fail over.

--billw