Public folders

  • From: "Andy" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ExchangeList (E-mail)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:26:15 +0100

We recently replaced a Exchange 5.5 server with a new one running Small
Business Server 2003 running Exchange 2003. We exmerged the data from
the users and everything was fine...so we took the old servers away with
us.

Unfortunately we didn't copy the public folders, and they use them quite
extensively. I found out that you could export them to a pst so I ran
Outlook 97 on the server and exported them ok. They were imported fine,
but the users said that some were missing. On closer inspection using
System manager, there were indeed a number of folders that didn't appear
when looking at them using Outlook 97. I tried upgrading to Outlook 2000
but they still don't appear.

I can't see anything obviously different between the ones that do, and
those that don't display.

Any ideas?

Andy