[ExchangeList] Public folder permissions in E2K3

  • From: "Brian Pituley" <bpituley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:29:51 -0700

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------OK, bad case of brain
fade - I posted this to the E2K7 list the first
time.  Sorry 'bout that.  Duh.

So, now that I'm in a more appropriate place....

Is there a way to find out how a user gets a set of public folder
permissions?

What's happening is that as Administrator I gave my personal ID
"Publishing Editor" permissions on a public contacts folder via Outlook
while signed in as Administrator (the folder owner) and with the
Administrator's mailbox open.  However, if I go into the folder via my
PC and Outlook profile and look at the permissions there, the
permissions that show under "Edit items" is both "Own" and "All".
"Delete items" shows the proper "all" permissions.

I've tested the permissions - I can't edit other people's items but I
can create items and edit the items I've created.

So, the question is:  Where did that "Own" permission for editing come
from?

Brian Pituley
Director of Information Technology
T: 408-441-3611
F: 408-441-8405
E: bpituley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The information in this communication and any attachments is confidential and
may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any use,
review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us
immediately and delete the original message and any copies of it.

Any opinions, conclusions or other information in this message that do not
relate to the official business of the company are neither given nor endorsed
by the company.

"Scion Capital, LLC" is a registered trademark of Scion Capital, LLC with the
United States Patent and Trademark Office.