[ExchangeList] Re: Public folder permission mismatch

  • From: Mario Karèl <mjakarel@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:31:08 +0200

Hi Richard,

I have received and read your email message.
Your problem, could it be related to rights issues?
Obviously, the virtual system seem to show the correct content.
Questions that came up:
With what account did you logon?
Are you sure that the content that is shown, is not cached?
Have you tried to refresh the content and did you succeed?

Please reply.

2009/6/16 Motlik, Richard <RMotlik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hello
I have a single Exchange 2003 server on SP2. I have an outlook 2003 client, the permissions which I have assigned to myself to certain Public Folders are not aligned. I have one PF where I am the owner, in outlook I cannot view the contents of the folder and right clicking on permissions lists my permissions as contributor . To further complicate the issue when I access the PF from another outlook 2003 client ( say on a virtual machine ) I can see the contents of the PF and the permission as owner are correctly displayed . I have tried the repair option in outlook 2003 with no success , I am looking to see if there is something else that could be the source of this problem

Regards,

Richard Motlik

Administrateur Exchange

Exchange Administrator

ratiopharm inc

Tel: 450) 433-2927 Ext: 8484

Email: rmotlik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.ratiopharm.ca

--
Kind regard,

Mario Karèl,

MCSA - Messaging 2003
MCP 2000/2003
Comptia certified Network Professional 2002
Certified IT Learning Assistant.

Phone:
+31-334751820
E-mail: