Public Folder issues

  • From: "Kerman Jasavala" <Kerman.Jasavala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:04:43 +0100

Hi All,

We have recently undergone a migration from MS Exchange 5.5 to MS Exchange
2000.  I really have two questions that I hope someone can help with.

The first is that somehow a public folder has been created under the all public
folders item and I am unable to delete it.

I have tried changing the rights on the folder through system manager and also
logging on as the Exchange service account and using system manager from there
but I've had no luck.

Under Exchange 5.5 I remember that it was possible to control public folder
permissions through the manager program, is this possible with Exchange 2000?

The second question is that is there any best practise guidelines we should be
using for permissions on our public folder hierarchy?  If this was all set
correctly then I imagine I wouldn't have the 1st problem.

Thanks for any help people can provide.