RE: Public Folder Migration

  • From: Dêniz Feital (Chiptek) <dfeital@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:30:04 -0300

        Hello Alex.

        Well, I have a tip, you can give it a try. I know it works with only
one organization and domain with trust enabled, lets see if it will work in
your environment.

        1 - You will have to grant owner permission for you to all your
public folders. You can do it using Public Information Tool and Pfadmin tool
for Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 Resource Kit. Be carefull to test it with
only one public folder before do it for all of them.

        2 - Wait the needed time to replicate all permissions and replicas
(may be one day, deppending on your public replication schedulle).

        3 - Using an account for your Exchange Server 5.5 copy a public
folder for your pst.

        4 - Then, using a profile for your Exchange W2K, use the same pst
and then copy that public folder inside your pst to your public folder W2K
server. It should retain all permissions and e-mail address.

        Like I said, it worked out with only one organization.

        You will have to be carefull about e-mail addresses, you should take
a look in address name you are using in both Organizations.

        Well, like I said before, its just a tip. Let me know if it works
out.

        Regards