Public Folder Form and Permissions issue

  • From: "Tim" <timothy.bagshott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:11:17 +0100

I have a frustrating problem with some of my public folders.  I am trying to
associate a form with one of them and I receive the error "The form could
not be installed.  Unknown error".  Also if I try to post to the folder
nothing happens i.e. when I click post the screen refreshes but the item
remains open and nothing is posted to the folder.

This is in a testing environment which has undergone an upgrade from
Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003.  I checked the permissions for any zombie
accounts but none exist.  I have even set the permissions to default owner
but this does not help.

To confuse matters not all folders have this issue just the odd one.  They
have all been migrated in the same method.

Currently the Exchange 5.5 environment is up and running still however all
replicas of the folders are on the Exchange 2003 server.  The home server
still reads one of the 5.5 servers.

Has anybody come across this before or have any suggestions?

Regards,

Tim