Public Folder Calendars

  • From: Troy Griffiths <tgriffiths@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:18:04 +1300

Hi,

I have setup a calendar in the public folders on our Exchange 5.5 server for
bookings for meeting rooms.

I am after some best practice ideas from others about how to best have the
users create entries in these calendars.

I have found the following problems when setting up entry's within this
calendar:

Problem 1) I have found that when sending a meeting proposal from your own
calendar and sending the meeting room an invite the entry created in the
meeting room remains tentative.
Is there anyway to have the public folder calendar automatically accept if
the space is free otherwise decline?

Problem 2) When sending from the public folder calendar, the response from
attendees are sent to the originator which - due to the initial entry being
made on the public folder - does not have a calendar entry to match the
response.

Can anyone assist with some ideal ways in which to handle this situation?

Thanks and Regards
Troy

Disclaimer:
The information in this electronic mail message together with any
attachments is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee.
Access to this Internet electronic mail message by anyone else is
unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in
reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Linfox accepts no responsibility for any effects this email message or
attachments has on the recipient network or computer system.