Promlems with SMTP routing queues

  • From: "Russell" <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 10:30:37 -0600

I've installed W2K and Exchange onto DC's which are across VPN links.

Everything seems to be working fine, netdiag and winroute look o.k.

Iam using one server as bridgehead server, so messages should be routing
across the default site link but this isn't working.

Mails get sent out of both sites o.k and mail coming in works o.k on the
bridgehead server but it doesn't send it the the other server which holds
a number of mailboxes.

The jobs just sit in the Remote routing queue with a status of queued.

I can open the remote server ojects from the bridgehead servers Exchange
Manager and look at everything o.k

AD looks o.k also

I've can telnet into the remote DC using port 25 and this is o.k - so I
don't think I have a DNS issue.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I might track this problem down?