RE: Problems with SMTP connector

  • From: "Lara, Greg" <GLara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:38:39 -0400

Zbigniew, you're simply taxing your Internet connection. Your connection is
1 Mbit. The message is 6 Mbytes, which equals 48 Mbits (roughly). Add in
competing Internet traffic, and what you've got is a bottleneck. You might
have some options in ISA for limiting bandwidth to certain protocols (like
http for example), or giving preference to SMTP (I'm not an ISA expert, so
please don't ask how), but other than that, you'll need to pump up your
bandwidth to improve things significantly.

Greg Lara

prohibited.