Problems accessing contacts of appointment using Slide/Exch 2003

  • From: "Brian KREULEN" <b.kreulen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 12:05:09 +0200

Hello all, I'm using Slide v.2.1 to access an Exchange 2000 appointment.
It works fine; I can access and set all the needed information, but our
client is migrating to 2003. Some of the MAPI IDs have changed, so I'm
using Outlook Spy to get the new ones. I'm experiencing strange
behaviour though setting some of the new IDs.

Under 2000, I could set the Contacts field of an appointment by:
http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/x8245001E

Outlook spy reports the MAPI ID of this object as:
{00062008-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}/0x8586

Under 2003, I looked for the same MAPI ID and found it as:

http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/x800E001E

Setting the Contacts field of an appointment in Outlook indeed sets the
correct value.

Trying to access it using WebDav, I could read and set this new value
just fine, but the Exchange server does NOT update the corresponding
value in the appointment, the value stays the same. I searched for the
value I entered and found it here:

http://schemas.microsoft.com/mapi/proptag/0x813A001E
{00020329-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}/urn:schemas-microsoft-com:exch-da
ta:expected-content-class

I'm at a complete loss to explain why Exchange decided to put it here.
Googling for urn:schemas-microsoft-com:exch-data:expected-content-class
turned up information on setting custom properties. I'm also
experiencing the same thing with the Status and Is Complete fields of
Tasks under 2003.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Why on earth is Exchange changing the
MAPI IDs of the PropPatch methods I'm sending it?

Thanks for any help.....