RE: Problem with E2K on W2K server in a W2K3 AD domain

  • From: "Mike Liddekee" <mliddekee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:18:03 -0500

I'm not sure where else you could go from here.  My story was that I had
installed the eval version of e2k.  when we got ready to go w/ the full
version, I uninstalled the old version from the test server and then
tried to start from scratch on the new server we purchased.  The install
never would work.  Ending up using ADSIEdit to remove all the Exchange
attributes from AD and then Exchange installed.  However when I created
accounts, they never would show up in the ESM.  After we rebooted both
the Exchange server and our GC (also our only DC), everything worked as
advertised.  Only thing I could recommend is remove Exchange from
server.  There is an article in M$ Knowledgebase about removing exchange
from server manually.  Then you can installed ADSIEdit from the support
directory on the Windows 2000 (prby available on w2k3 server cd as well)
and remove the M$ Exchange from our container.  If you have any
questions let me know.  I spent my $245 w/ M$ to find out that 5sec
trick.

Regards,

Mike Liddekee

Network Engineer