[ExchangeList] Problem sending email to one particular Exchange Server

  • From: "Jensen, Douglas" <douglas.jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 11:00:46 -0500

http://www.msexchange.org
-------------------------------------------------------I am having problems
sending email to one particular exchange server.

I have turned on SMTP logging and it appears everything works fine until
my server sends a the BDAT command. I think that means that now my
server is going to send a binary file. This particular server does not
appear to respond to that. The next SMTP command I see is 220
mailserverFQDN Microsoft etc. That response happens several minutes
after my BDAT command. It appears to me that this is my server trying
again after not getting a response saying it got the message or go ahead
and send the binary file.

Other email servers respond to the BDAT command with 250 2.6.0
<aLongNumber@MyMailServerInternalName> Queued mail for delivery

2 questions

It appears to me that once my server says BDAT #### Last then my server
immediately sends the binary file without waiting for a go ahead from
the other server. Is that correct? If that is the case, it might be
reasonable to assume that my server is sending the binary file and it is
being blocked somewhere near the problem external Exchange server.

OR could the problem be that my SMTP server is saying its name is the
same name as my MX record "mail1.scdcap.org" and this mail queued for
delivery has my internal FQDN of MAILSHAKOPEE.scdcap.org? This does not
appear to be a problem for other email servers.

Douglas Jensen
Douglas.Jensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Voice (952) 402-9821
Fax (952) 402-9815