RE: Problem in Global Catalog Server

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 08:51:41 -0500

In AD Sites and Services, drill down to the "NTDS Settings" object
underneath the server, and open its property sheet.

On the General tab is "Global Catalog". Check it. Apply the change.

It'll take a few minutes for the catalog to build. There is an event log
entry, which number escapes me, when the new GC starts acting as a GC.