Problem in Global Catalog Server

  • From: "Amit" <amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 12:28:32 +0530

Hi,

I have windows 2003 server on which active directory is configured.
Previously I was having active directory on windows 2000 server. What I did
, I had configured Additional Domain controller named as backup. Later I
changed all the role of that server from active directory.

Then I had upgraded that machine to windows 2003 domain controller.

Now the problem is that when I start the migration process of exchange 2003
it give me error that no Global Catalog Server could be contacted. It gives
the error in 3 step of phase-I of exchange migration. It shows the machine
as domain controller

Please help, how can I make my domain controller to work as a global catalog
server.

Regards

Amit Kapoor

Network Engineer

Module One India Ltd.

Paharpur Software Technology Incubator Park

A-88, Okhla Phase II, New Delhi 110020, India

Tel: +91-(0)11-41859200 | Fax: +91-(0)11-41859220

E-mail: amit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | Web:
<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\amit.LOGIN\Application%20Data\Microso
ft\Signatures\www.moduleone.com> www.moduleone.com

==== c r e a t i v e i n t e r n e t s o l u t i o n s ====

Module One, one of India's leading interactive agencies, uses a

combination of creative, marketing and technology skills to assist

clients in successfully using the Internet for their marketing initiatives.

<http://258815.sigclick.mailinfo.com/sigclick/0A040E09/01074C05/0E4D04181610
20.jpg>