Re: Problem accessing Exchange Server remotely using Outlook

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 23:24:58 +0100

The patch blocks port 135...:((

HTH

Steve

________________________________

From: Craig Weil [mailto:craig_weil@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 14, 2003 4:47 PM
To: [ExchangeList]

http://www.MSExchange.org/

We are using a Speedstream DSL modem (assigned 32 IP addresses through
SBC).  The DSL modem then goes into a switch where other devices plug in
and we manually configure their individual IP addresses.  These devices
include a Netopia R9100 router, an Exchange server, a web server, etc...
The Netopia serves LAN ip addresses to our clients in the building so
they don't individually have routable IP addresses.  The whole system
was working great until around Tuesday night or so.  Our web services
are running perfectly.  The only issue I'm having (that I'm aware of) is
that retrieving email through an IMAP client will not work so long as
the machine doing so is either not on our LAN or not on the same subnet
as the Exchange server.

Good luck to all of you having this issue, although luck can't turn a
wrench. :)

Craig