RE: Please some one help me, no one reply-why ?Good one!!

  • From: Praveen Ramaswamy <ramaswamy_praveen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ExchangeList\]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 23:39:17 -0700 (PDT)

Good one Rick, now i started wondering which category i belong to :)

Any ways i don?t think users in ADS needs to be removed to restore a Exchange
server. It is always recommended to have ADS and Exchange separately. If you
have both Exchange and ADS on the same box then you better first define what
disaster means to you. If the OS crashes then you have to re-install whole
thing.

If you have ADS and Exchange separately then you need to restore only Exchange
server.

At minimum it is good to have two ADS servers and one separate exchange server.

Please correct me if I am wrong. This will help me modify my recovery plan
incase of any problem. Because I don?t even have a resume ready.

Regards

Praveen R

Rick Boza <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.MSExchange.org/
In my experience there are four types of admins when a disaster rolls in:

   Those that are well prepared and know what to do
   Those that have an idea of what to do, and knowledge of how to get the
additional info they need
   Those that have an updated resume ready for just such an occasion
   Those that don?t know what to do, but weren?t even smart enough to have the
updated resume on hand.

Oh, and your recovery plan is pretty much spot on ? that?s not what most
consider to be a disaster.  Disaster to me is ?a crack in the earth just opened
up and swallowed our datacenter, but (un)fortunately the CEO is off-site and
needs his email working.?

On 6/30/05 10:41 AM, "Colin Hammond" <staff-cah@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.MSExchange.org/
Probably because you sound like you know enough to work it out yourself!

I expect a lot of us haven?t had to deal with a disaster yet.

Regards, Col.

Colin Hammond
IT Operations Officer
Thanet College