RE: Please Help , Please Help

  • From: "Oluwaseyi Owoeye" <OOwoeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 17:14:56 +0100

There are couple of things you should do

1.      Check if you can run a telnet session on port 25 of the external
ip address of your server
2.      If you can successfully do step I then repeat the process again
this time using the domain name.

If that does not go through then basically you are having a DNS issue,
ensure that your DNS entries are well configured.

If you are sitting behind a firewall, you might need to enable outgoing
SMTP traffic.

Lets have a better understanding of your architecture so that we can
help you better

Seyi

  _____