RE: Password protecting OST

  • From: "Medeiros, Jose" <jmedeiros@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 09:26:07 -0700

Hi Danny,

My intention's are not to belittle you. I just don't understand your point, the
PST password   once entered when opening outlook, will not be required again
until that outlook session is closed. As for viewing a OST file from another
system, there is a security identifier that will prevent you from opening the
OST from another Outlook mail client. Of course you can always use a third
party program to convert the OST to a PST and effectively bypass this
identifier feature but that is no different then using a crack to delete the
PST password.

Your best security measure is use a OS that allows you to lock the desktop when
your away or that requires a password to log into it.

BTW: Certifications are only a baseline measure of one's abilities. I am sure
that Bill Gates, Larry Ellison, Steve Jobs and Michael Dell, all college drop
outs, do not have any certification either.

Hope this helps!

Jose Medeiros