RE: [P-ST-SPAM] RES: RE: Moving stores - error

  • From: "Tim Sutton" <T.Sutton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 19:46:58 +0100

You're quite right, I am using win2k server and exchange 2k :)

I've had no problems moving the streaming files over to the external USB disk
but the edbs aren't playing ball at all. They're just giving a "not enough
space" error message and cancelling.

*confusing*

Unless the edbs are copied onto their current drive before the copy is moved
and the original deleted?

For Troup Bywaters + Anders

Tim Sutton

T: +44 (0) 113 243 2241
F: +44 (0) 113 242 4024
E: t.sutton@xxxxxxxxxx
W: www.TBandA.com

Eastgate House
10 Eastgate
Leeds
LS2 7JL
Office Location Map

De: A. Michael Salim [mailto:msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx] Enviada em: sexta-feira, 1 de
abril de 2005 12:00
Para: [ExchangeList]
Assunto: [exchangelist] RE: Moving stores - error

http://www.MSExchange.org/

Hi,

> I'm trying to move the mail stores to another disk and I'm being told
> there's not enough space..... But it's an empty 150gb disk! Is this
> error saying there's not enough space on the present disk? If so how
> do I get round this so I can move the stores?

Also, Windows NT 4.0 had a bug that would not recognize "large" drives properly
(larger than 8GB or 16GB I believe but don't exactly recall) and would claim
there was zero space even though there would be plenty of space when viewed in
the properties for the drive.  Are you using WinNT 4.0?

Mike

World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading Network
Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com

World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com Leading Network
Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
http://www.secinf.net/ Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com

Groupshield 6.0 - Troup Bywaters & Anders
Privilege and Confidentiality Notice
This email and any attachments to it are intended only for the party to whom
they are addressed. They may contain privileged and / or confidential
information. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the
sender immediately and delete any digital copies and destroy any paper copies.
Thank you.