[ExchangeList] Re: Out-of-Office to Internet - On or Off?

  • From: "Ray Dzek" <Ray.Dzek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 12:37:13 -0700

Thanks for the reply.  We use Postfix and SpamAssassin in front of the
Exchange environment to "pre-scrub" the inbound mail stream.  So what
comes through is pretty clean.  The users here are not big on mailing
lists.  I think I am probably the biggest user of mail lists.  And I
would prepare an FAQ for our intranet for some basic rules to apply to
oof messages.  I think the bottom line for end users is that the
"expected behavior" of an oof message would be that it would notify
anyone that emails you that you are not in the office.  Nowhere does it
say that the default is to only notify inside the company.