[ExchangeList] Re: Outlook unable to logon to Exchange

  • From: "Carl Houseman" <c.houseman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 12:13:03 -0400

http://www.msexchange.org
Where are these machines that are not joined to the domain located?
(a) Inside or (b) Outside the firewall?

If you said (b), do they have VPN connection to your interanet?
(a) Yes   (b) No

If you said (b) they need a VPN connection, or if they are using Outlook
2003 on Windows XP, you need to configure RPC over HTTP.

If you said (a) to either question, what procedure have users been given for
connecting to the domain?  If they don't connect to the Exchange server
first, has Outlook been setup to always prompt for password?

A machine not in the domain does not automatically work the way a machine in
the domain works.  You have to put in some extra steps.

Carl