RE: Outlook can not synchronize while remote

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 13:54:42 -0500

Hi Brett,

I am not sure if this plays a role or not. But most ISP's block port 135
on all traffic because of the known virus attacks going around. You may
want to see if your ISP or the ISP of the person trying to connect
remote is blocking port 135. I do suggest that you look into doing RPC
over HTTPS or OWA SSL and stay away from using port 135 if at all
possible.

Regards,
Andrew