RE: Outlook and Antivirus software.

  • From: "smcleod" <smcleod@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <jmoore@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 14:31:51 -0400

You may want to take a look at Trend Scanmail - http://www.antivirus.com or
GFI's Mail Essentials or Mail Security - http://www.gif.com

Hope this helps

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Jerry Moore [mailto:jmoore@xxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Mon 24/06/2002 2:16 PM
        To: [ExchangeList]
        Subject: [exchangelist] Outlook and Antivirus software.

        http://www.MSExchange.org/ - Re-Vamped!

        Hello Everyone,

        I have 2 Win2K/Citrix servers that are running Outlook 2000 and some
other apps.  Our current email system is POP3 and I was wondering if anyone has
a recommendation for providing antivirus protection at the Outlook level as the
email is being downloaded?  Could I build an email gateway to pull the mail
down and scan it before it gets to my servers?  Thanks.

        Jerry Moore
        DataFlow