[ExchangeList] Re: Outlook Issue

  • From: "William Lefkovics" <william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:38:46 -0700

You're using Small Business Server 2003 then?

Have you worked through this article?

How to troubleshoot the POP3 Connector in Windows Small Business Server 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885685

 "It's worthwhile to aggressively investigate alternatives to the POP3
connector. The Internet is strewn with digital carcasses of mail
administrators who tried to use POP3 connectors to manage their e-mail
services. The POP3 connector should be used as a stopgap measure, for a very
limited amount of time during the time you're settings things up to enable
the Exchange Server to receive incoming e-mail." - Tom Shinder

After you are working with the POP connector, I would follow Tom's advice
here and establish SMTP delivery. Can you engage a service like dyndns to
allow for STMP delivery?