RE: Outlook Differences from GroupWise

  • From: "Eric Lanyon" <ELanyon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:39:01 -0700

Not totally sure on GW 6, I migrated from GW 5.5.4.3 to E2K.

1)     Folders can be shared, but are limited to the ones MS decided you
can share.  Public folders are fine to share documents and such.
However, if multiple people use the same document, conflicts can occur
frequently.

2)     Resources exist, that's how we book conference rooms.  No
problems there.

3)     Message retraction sucks compared to GW.  If prompts the
recipient if they want to allow the retraction.  If they don't want to,
your outta luck.

4)     Auto-date works ok for us, we have meetings scheduled weekly.

5)     Message tracking has to be enabled before sending emails, unlike
GW's always on and doesn't send you pesky notifications with the info.

6)     There's a document viewer in Outlook?

  _____