Outlook Delayed Delivery / Received Time

  • From: "Wakelin, Frank" <fwakelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:39:12 -0800

We've run into a bit of a problem and I was wondering if anyone else has
experienced the same thing.  When our users use the delayed delivery function
within Outlook, the messages are delivered as expected - at the time that they
specified.  The problem however is that the "Sent Time" displayed is the time
the user clicked the Send button.  The "Received Time" also reflects that time.

For example if at 1:11PM I send a message and specify that it is not to be
delivered until 5:00PM the next day, the users will receive the mail the next
day at 5:00PM but the sent/delivered times will show yesterday at 1:11PM.  None
of the fields reflect the proper time which should be the time of the delayed
delivery.  Since most users sort by sent time, the messages could appear pages
below emails that they have received already.

I have come across an MS KB article (Q318145) that appears to be related to
this issue however this is not relevant for our environment as we are running
the latest exchange service pack (SP3).

Has anyone come across this problem and or know of a solution?
Frank Wakelin
Network Analyst
mailto:fwakelin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Borden Ladner Gervais LLP - www.blgcanada.com

WE INTEND THIS ELECTRONIC MAIL MESSAGE ONLY FOR THE PERSON OR ENTITY NAMED IN
THE ADDRESSEE FIELD.  THIS MESSAGE MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED,
CONFIDENTIAL OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.

IF YOU ARE NOT THE ADDRESSEE OR AN EMPLOYEE OR AGENT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING
THIS MESSAGE TO THE ADDRESSEE, PLEASE NOTIFY US IMMEDIATELY BY TELEPHONE,
PERMANENTLY DESTROY ANY COPIES YOU MAY HAVE AND RETURN THIS DOCUMENT TO US AT
OUR EXPENSE AT THE E-MAIL ADDRESS NOTED ABOVE.  ANY DISSEMINATION OR COPYING OF
THIS MESSAGE BY ANYONE OTHER THAN THE ADDRESSEE IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
WARNING: EMAIL MAY NOT BE SECURE UNLESS PROPERLY ENCRYPTED.